This forum contains 8 topics and 33 replies, and was last updated by  Bill Desmarais 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 topics - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Topic
    • Voices
    • Replies
    • Freshness
    • Repower Options ?

I’m posting this question for a boat owner friend who has a 32 H&H (Osmond Beal down east) lobster boat. Right now the boat is powered by a 1999 Isuzu 6 cyl. Model A-6BG1T 230 hp rated @ 2500 rpms. The engine is keel c…

Started by:  Bill Desmarais

• 2 weeks ago

Bill Desmarais

• QSC propping to engine load

Hi Guys, I am after some input on engine load to propping. I have just swapped out a pair of 3208’s to qsc 540’s. I think I may be close but everyone wants more speed if they can have it. The props were calculat…

Started by:  Luke Nelson

• 2 months ago

Luke Nelson

• Prop Sizing Question

Prop sizing. question. These are 6BTA- 300 in a 34′ Hatteras Convertible. 12.5 beam – 26000 lbs loaded (No Trim tabs) ZF220A 1:5-1 gears. 3100 rpm NO LOAD – Current props: 4Blade Nibral – 20 X 19.…

Started by:  paul j

• 3 months ago

Tony Athens

• Cutlass bearing

just hat my shaft shortened because when I repowered I had to slide the engine back I needed to replace cutlass so everything was out good time to do it now it’s all back together my question is new cutlass bearing sho…

Started by:  Derek chandler

• 4 months ago

Tony Athens

• QSC 540 or C9 565

So what would be peoples thoughts?  The QSC’s have 4000 hours and the C9’s have 2000 hours. It would be  prop application for around 700 hours a year, both would be propped down to 500hp  and driven for the be…

Started by:  Luke Nelson

• 8 months ago

Bryan

• Repower after swamping

Looks like I get to kick off this subject, but before I do, Happy Thanksgiving! Back in June, right before our salmon season was to begin, my boat swamped at the dock.  Long story, but suffice to say it was a disaster. &nbs…

Started by:  James Burton

• 9 months ago

Tony Athens

Viewing 8 topics - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.