• Creator
    Topic

Richard Khawam
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Sweet Escape
    Engines: Mercury 8.1

Hello, I am the owner of a 2009 Cruisers yachts 360 express powered by twin Gaz engines mercury 8.1 with ZF63IV (ratio 2.5) I am in the process of repowering my boat with twin diesel engines. I have contacted cruisers yachts and found that this boat model was powered with diesel engines from the factory with either Yanmar 6lpa-stp2 and zf63iv (ratio 2.5) or Volvo Penta D6-350 and ZF85IV (ratio 2) I am confused between repowering with brand new Yanmar 6lpa and keeping same transmission which will cost a big amount of money since I can’t find used Yanmar engines in my region and I will have to go new. Or I can go with twin used D6-350 since Ā I have found twin Volvo d6-350 with very low engines hours but from what I have found the d6-350 was used with stern drives transmission and the engines are very similar to the 370s but my main question is if I can install the d6-350 with zf63iv or I should buy zf85iv?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

IMO, prop your D6 350’s to 3600 RPM minimum with the vessel loaded for bear, and you’ll be just fine using ZF63IV’s that are in perfect shape or “as new” …Ā Ā 

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.