• Creator
    Topic

KevinS
    Participant
    Vessel Name: PITOU
    Engines: Cummins - QSC 8.3

After winter layup I’ve just fired up my engine (QSC 8.3) for the first time. No issues prior to layup in November.

Some background history:

During layup I replaced the “always on” power stud and have to admit I that I did not disconnect the positive lead from my start battery when I started this project when I first removed the power lead to the power stud. Here was the thread from that project:

QSC Always On Power Studs

Not removing the positive cable from the start battery was a bonehead dope move and my tool bag should be taken away … I know better and my head is low in shame.

During that project, after disconnecting the the power lead from the power stud I did remove the positive cable from the battery and removed all batteries from the boat for a complete battery reconfiguration of the boat.

Now just back to it after a broken upper arm healing the new power stud was installed and battery project completed, I discovered that I had no power to my SmartCraft Diesel View or the always on power stud. The 30 amp MaxiFuse protecting the power stud had blown. I replaced the fuse and power was restored to the Diesel View and the power stud. The Diesel View now shows an engine Active Alarm of “272 IMV Shorted High”, and the engine ignition turns easily. I’m still on the hard and did not run the engine, but will do so on Friday morning when I can get a hose into the intake strainer.

The operation manual for Diesel View describes the alarm as “High fuel pressure solenoid valve circuit – high voltage” I’m thinking that the blown fuse and fault has got to do with me not removing the positive cable when I removed the lead to the power stud as described above and is not coincidental.

I’d like to clear the 272 Fault and start fresh. Does this make sense? If so, how can I reset the alarm fault? My operation manual describes how to “Reset Sensor Detection” and “Reset Settings Directory”. Would I reset the Sensor Detection to accomplish this?

Advice and direction is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you – Kevin

Fault 272

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Good news on the quick fix. Thanks for posting the outcome.

KevinS
    Participant
    Vessel Name: PITOU
    Engines: Cummins - QSC 8.3

Fault Cleared

Dumb, dumb me .. Inlet Metering Valve Jumper not reconnected. Must have left that off because there’s a nut for the mounting plate behind it that I dropped to the bilge. No excuses, but hurried trying to get in after being handicapped the past 4 weeks. Moral of the story .. slow down and remain methodical.

Sorry to have wasted anyone’s time.

Inlet Metering Valve Jumper

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.