• Creator
    Topic

dennis moseley
    Participant

I have a customers boat 2008 searay 48 it has 2 qsc 8,3-540hd engines i think the sim is v5 the smartcraft has stopped working, and also the gauges are not working. If the smartcraft (vesselview) has failed should the gauges still work or are they dependent on the smartcraft vesselview.
    we have just fitted new axiom 12″ displays and would like to put in the nmea2000 gateway but if the data is not on the instrument think it will not work.
    also looking for a wiring diagram for this system.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

Buy the used VesselView (it’s cheap!) and test… I bet the boat gauges work with a good VesselView…

dennis moseley
    Participant

gauges

Hi corey,
    The vessel view is plugged in and the system link is connected, and nothing is showing on the gauges.
    thanks
    dennis

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

If that’s the case, then this particular boat is setup very custom…

Can you confirm that the VesselView is still plugged into one of the junction boxes and that the gauges are still plugged into the VesselView display harness “System”Link” connection? It looks disconnected on one of the pictures you attached.

Please confirm… If the gauges still do not work then I would recommend finding a good used VesselView aftermarket…

Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercury-Smartcraft-Vesselview-display-and-harness/223791835312?epid=1627625369&hash=item341b0868b0:g:SggAAOSw6sZd8bzo

dennis moseley
    Participant

gauges

Hi Corey,
    No the gauges do not work, That is what i wanted to get going so they can use the boat.
    thanks
    dennis

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

Dennis, I did not realize that you were working with “boat” gauges and not SmartCraft SC1000 gauges…

Do the gauges work when plugged in to the old harness the VesselView was plugged into (even when the screen stopped working) or did everything stop once the VesselView stopped working?

dennis moseley
    Participant

cable connections

Hi corey,
    I purchased the cable
    Cummins Mercury SmartCraft Tachometer Harness 84-879979T 1
    but when i came to fit it i could only find the connection for two of the connectors one for the junction box and the other the sync connection the three pin one to the gauges and tacho the other marked tacho i could not find a connection for.
    please see attached pictures.
    thanks
    dennis

dennis moseley
    Participant

thanks

thank that is very helpful, ihave ordered the harness cable to test the system and enure the gauges work, then if they work i will order the gateway and install that.

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

The SC1000 gauges are typically driven by the digital display when setup as that configuration. If the display is removed or non-function, the gauges will stop working… you can purchase a SmartCraft tach harness to power the gauges by themselves however:

Cummins Mercury SmartCraft Tachometer Harness 84-879979T 1

You can install a NMEA gateway if you’d like to get engine data on that network:

SmartCraft Multi-Engine (1-4) NMEA 2000 Gateway

Wiring diagram: https://www.sbmar.com/product/qsl-9-qsc-8-3-marine-cm850-smartcraft-1-0-wiring-diagram/

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.