• Creator
    Topic

Mark Wanderer
    Participant
    Vessel Name: FV Deliverance
    Engines: Cat 3208

I am in the process of repowering my 36’ Lobster boat this winter. Removing a 3208 cat and replacing with a QSL9 450. My boat is currently set up with 6” dry exhaust. I have a few questions with the design of the new dry exhaust coming off the QSL turbo.

I need to change direction 180deg to get the exhaust pointing to the existing piping on the port side. Would a 6’ run of 4” pipe (2 short radius elbows, flex belly, straight pipe) be too much back pressure on the QSL? I plan on using a 6”/4” concentric reducer to get me back to the existing 6” pipe.

My Cat turbo points straight aft with a direct 4”/6” elbow to 6” wrinkle belly to bring me to my 6” piping. I would like to use the 4” with the QSL to save some space and ease of fitting. Thoughts? How do I attach pics?

Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

So, do you want a WET port side exit exhaust or ?     

Spent some time this weekend and go thru this link–You will some something close to what you want…………………99.9% of all is custom fit you your boat is you want it right

https://www.sbmar.com/category/articles/exhaust-systems/

Mark Wanderer
    Participant

QSL

This is not my engine, just a pic of a QSL with a wet exhaust that mimics the run I will need to make. I want to use two short radius 90s off the turbo to get the exhaust pointing to port side. Wrinkle-belly and straight pipe combo to a 4”/6” concentric reducer to get me to the 6” flange.

Mark Wanderer
    Participant

Cat exhaust

I would like to remove this 6” flex pipe and have new 4” pipe for QSL to bolt up to the existing flange

Mark Wanderer
    Participant

Finally figured out how to post pics. I’m new to the forum. This is the arrangement with the cat exhaust.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Pictures and sketches needed to understand your plan.. You have it pictures in your mind, but no one elses..

Tony

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.