• Creator
    Topic

Kevin
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Stout
    Engines: QSC 8.3

We have a failed 2008 VesselView 1.5 on our fly bridge, the unit in our pilothouse still works. Is there a Mercury plug & play replacement in the 7″ size available? I see on the SBAR website a 403 replacement for the SC1000.

Cheers, Kevin

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies

David H
    Participant

Good thread, I too have an older VesselView, I will attach photo. it and the engine are from about CY 2010. I’m away from the boat at the moment but hoping it has a recent enough SIM that I can upgrade, perhaps to a VV 703. I know SBM likes the SMX modules but I’d prefer a larger screen like the 703, or at least be able to see all parameters without having to switch back and forth to different screens.
    Cory posted a price for the 403 kit but is there a price for the 703 kit? I’m also wondering if you can split the screen on the 703 and perhaps have it display wind data on the other half of the screen from an Airmar 120WX?

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

Yes, the 403 and 703 will function similarly… and yes sizing will be different…

Exact dimensions here: https://www.sbmar.com/articles/cummins-smartcraft-display-installation-dimensions/

Kevin
    Participant

Corey, thanks again. Is the 403 the same as the 703 except size? Is there a 703 kit like the 403?
    I will have to find the install instructions for these to see if we can program the screen views to be similar.
    I have purchased 2 used eBay 1.5ā€™s and had to return both as they were non functional. Cheers, Kevin

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

Then you will either have to source another 1.5 unit or purchase a 703 series… no way to push forward the calibrations that I am aware of to the 703 series… you can to transfer to another 1.5 screen however via USB.

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks Cory, we are hoping to keep all the screen views we have now, including the screen view for the Onan generator. Is there a kit for the 703 screen? Can you upload the settings from the existing 1.5 head to the 403/703 ? Thanks Kevin

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

Pequod
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Pequod

Kevin
    Participant

Vesselview 1.5

Pequod, let me know what you have and how to reach you. Cheers, Kevin

Pequod
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Pequod

I have Diesel View displays available for sale.
    You are welcome to contact me.

Pequod

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.