• Creator
    Topic

Keith Donaldson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Flip Side
    Engines: 2 x Cummins QSC 8.3 Ltr 600 HP

Hi, Recently have had cases of alarm, fault code of “CCM Multisensor Lever 1” when engaging
    Starboard drive. Engine still runs. No drive. Can cure it by stopping / starting the Stbd engine.Then engages fine. Happens sporadically, but getting more frequent. Cummins QSC with ZF 305 A Transmission.
    Any others with this problem, or who have cured it?
    Much appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Phil Lack
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Encore
    Engines: QSB 5.9 440hp

Similar problem with CCM error code

Hello all,

after I experienced this same problem I searched the SBM forums and found this thread. My boat has twin QSB 5.9 440 HP Cummins and is fitted with a Smartcraft displayĀ  and a remote Yacht Controller. I have upper and lower helm stations.

3 months ago I was leaving my slip and had the Yacht Controller active and connected. I toggled both engine into reverse but only the STB engine went into gear. Port engine just idled. Only the STB engine responded to the manual lever controls, PORT engine lever would not engage reverse. I was able to get into clear water and hastily switched to my flybridge helm station where both levers responded and did engage fwd on both engines.

Drove the boat from upper helm for an hour then transfered to lower helm where both levers also worked. Prior to docking again, I tested both sets of levers in open water but did NOT engage the Yacht Controller remote again in case this was the cause of the PORT engine control failure.

3 months later am down on boat again. Started both engines then gently tested fwd/rev on both engines using leversĀ  at lower helm. Both engines engaged gears OK using levers. Then tried engaging fwd/rev using Yacht Controller remote where only STB engine repsonded to gear selection, PORT engine failedĀ  to go into any gear and engine just idled. Back to using levers and STB engine OK but PORT fails to engage gears, alarm goes off and fault code on Smartcraft shows:Ā  CCM:Lever 1 Multi Sensor.

However, I checked the flybridge helm controls and both levers still worked and engaged gears OK.Ā  A quick STOP/STart of engines failed to clear the Fault which remained at the lower helm.Ā  I have to haulout the boat tomorrow so hopefully engines stopped overnight mightĀ  resolve the issue and allow me toĀ  exit my slip and get onto the TravelLift OK.

I am curious if this is related to the Yacht ControllerĀ  remote causing an issue or if its a sensor beginning to die, perhaps in theĀ  Ā DTS lever controls ? Are these DTS lever control serviceable ?

Both engines done around 720 hrs and all controls worked fine over our last summer where I put over 200 hrs on the boat. Boat is a 2014 Clipper 48 and well maintained. This seems like a weird one and it appears several other members have seen this fault – but no real solution posted yet.

Hopefully someone got it resolved and identified the issue causing Fault code.

regdsĀ  from Down Under,

Phil

shelby LHP, Florida
    Participant

Update: after 10 more months constantly having this CCM Lever 1 error the JOYSTICK STOPPED WORKING. New one was $3,000

<br />So if you have the CCM error, this is a symptom of your joystick failing. We have had the new joystick for two months, no more fault code and the Port drive shutting down.Ā 

John Hanzl
    Participant

I get the CCM Error: Lever 1 error pretty much every time I run my boat (2009 42′ Sabre Hardtop Express with 425 HP QSB 5.9 motors and Zeus pods). From what I’ve learned, this is a non-critical error, does not effect the operation of the boat, and it clears when keyed off. However that obviously does not sit well with me. I have suspected an issue with a lever encoder on the DTS unit, but can’t seem to find someone with the G3 software to help diagnose.

HOWEVER, I also have gotten periodically (twice this season) a CCM Multisensor error. This IS a critical error and when it shows up I’ve discovered that the starboard shifter becomes limited to idle only speeds – but it does shift in to FWD/FEV gear and neutral. Also, it doesn’t effect the behavior of the joystick. This again makes me think there is a sensor issue on the starboard DTS lever. This issue also clears when the boat is keyed off and back on.

When I get this issue I’ve done a system reset on the VesselView – but obviously the issue is still there, though intermittent.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated…

John

shelby LHP, Florida
    Participant

Another meridian owner responded with

ā€œ I had similar issue on my previous boat with twin mercuisers. Scoring in the raw water impeller housing was hindering priming and cooling of my starboard engine.ā€

Thoughts?

shelby LHP, Florida
    Participant

Same issue

Has anyone dealt with this CCM error: lever1?

On our port engine when we donā€™t use the boat for two weeks and we leave the dock we get this Alarm error. We loose throttle in the port engine (not fun when docking or leaving the slip).

We turn off the engine with the keys and turn it back on to reset. Sometimes we have to do this 1-4 times as we leave the dock and head to our inlet 1/4 mile away. Then we donā€™t have the issue again till the boat sits for a few weeks. If we use the boat everyday we donā€™t have this alarm error.

Mechanic says just cycle the keys. It itā€™s unsafe loosing throttle.

Richard Hanna
    Participant

Same issue.

Hi Keith, have a pair of qsc550hp engines in a black watch 42 in coromandel.
    We have the same codes coming up but for the port lever.
    I have carried out a factory reset and replaced the port lever module.
    Still have the code coming up intermittently.
    What was the outcome of your issue?
    Cheers

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

Any way you can post the EXACT codes of the fault next time they appear? I’ll take a look and see what could be causing it…

From the look of it, you have a DTS control system which is Mercury-based… I would try a FACTORY RESET on the VesselView before exploring any other avenues…

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.