• Creator
    Topic

Brad Fausett
    Participant
    Engines: 6bta 5.9 370hp

In a 2004 6bta 370 hp what all dummy alarms are there? I am getting a alarm at or near wot that I can not identify.

Oil level and pressure is good
    Temps are good

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

WIF sensor — It would be located in the collection bowl, you would know if you had it – a sensor screwed into the bowl with wires/harness coming out of it.

Brad, not sure what definitive answer you are looking for — as to OEM engine alarms on a mechanical 6BTA it’s low oil psi and high coolant temperature, that it’s. There is the low voltage alarm at the PCB. And then anything else could have been added aftermarket.

Kevin Carlson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Joysea
    Engines: 270 Cummins

I’m with Mr. Fausett, where is this located? I have a 1998 270 HP Cummins and may not have this, but if I do I would like to know.

Brad Fausett
    Participant
    Engines: 6bta 5.9 370hp

Thanks for the Replies.

I have new temp sensors, and digital gauges. Actually i have converted my mechanical 6bā€™s to nmea 2000. So watching the temps I am not getting any erratic readings, temps are around 180 if i recall.

As for the WIF, i felt like I knew my way a round but this one is new on me. Where is this located? I have racors mounted externally.

Are there any other alarms on a 6b? I am getting a lot of random thoughts via different sites.

Does anyone have a definitive?

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Keith Pleas
    Participant
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9

I’m not an expert, but there’s also a “water in fuel” sensor – and alarm. I have had that one intermittently on one engine at startup in the winter with RH in the engine space above 60% – but it goes away as the engine warms.

How do you know “temps are good”? I was going to say corrosion in the cooling system but your profile says Ohio so that’s freshwater, right?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.