• Creator
    Topic

Chris
    Participant

Hey all, looking at a new to me boat. Its a 28′ Pursuit with a Volvo 300 diesel and Volvo outdrive. Engine has 2200 hours. I’ve had gas inboards and just sold me twin Perkins diesel boat but still fairly new to marine diesels. Is 2200 hours a lot? Provided all service records are available and boat is in order is there anything I should be aware of with the Volvo diesel? There are 2 shops no to far from me that provide parts and service for Vovlo’s. Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

YouĀ  will need to develop a good working relationship with your local Volvo guys

Be prepared for high costs and high maintenance compared to similar sized boats with shafts and Cummins engines.. Outdrives have some big advantages in some ways, but you need to “pay for that”Ā  big time.

2200 hours is not a lot–It’s the “marine age” associated with being in salt water that will do both the outdrives and engines in long before they wear out from hours.Ā  If parked in fresh water since new, you are in way better shape x 10.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.