• Creator
    Topic

Michael Saul
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Miss Emily
    Engines: 6bta 370

Hello all, I have a few questions on torque specs. and was wondering if you could help. I need the specs for…
    1. Wet exhaust manifold bolts
    2. Fuel return manifold banjo bolts.
    3. Fuel return check valve.
    4. Exhaust manifold / turbo studs and bolts.
    1996 6BTA 370’s

I also wanted to take a minute to thank Tony and his contributors for this forum. Being a Cat guy up until now I knew very little of the nuances of the B series. Reading through the forum I have learned quite a bit and am applying what I am learning in my current projects. The service from Seaboard has also been spot on and trouble free even cross country. Couldn’t ask for more. Thank you again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Michael Saul
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Miss Emily
    Engines: 6bta 370

Thank you.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Mike,

IMO, you do not need specific torque value for what you are doing–You need a general understanding of what you are trying to accomplish and a good feel for what is tight.. I have attached what we use to get the understanding of bolts and what is tight..,,,,,,,,,,,,,Everything needs some type of type–Manifold bolts need anti-seize ( very hot area where the threads are). Turbo studs– Find my article on this web site–very specific to that

Read & study the chart a few times–It came from the Cummins O&M manual.. Plus, only the exhaust manifold bolts would allow the use of a torque wrench anyhow.

Tony

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.