• Creator
    Topic

Francis Valerio
    Participant
    Vessel Name: overslept
    Engines: Twin 4BT CPL741

Hey Tony,  I searched the forum and did not come up with an answer for my application for which motor mount.

I am running CPL741 4BT 150HP engines.  I want to upgrade the motor mounts and not sure which “durometer” I should use…

In the description there are references to 4BTA and a 4B (naturally aspirated) not specific for 4BT 150HP

I think I may have asked in the past but could not come up with anything upon forum search and email search…

If you could please recommend which durometer bc I would like to upgrade over the winter while the boat is on the hard

thx

FV

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

4BT / ZF45A isolators

Can’t tell for sure, but the physical dimensions of what you have look quite a bit smaller that our “purple mount” series..

Double/triple check dimensions   — minimum height needed, mounting hole centers and stud diameter. 

If you feel you up to the task to adapt. I’d use 60’s on the gear and 50’s on the front.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Francis Valerio
    Participant
    Vessel Name: overslept
    Engines: Twin 4BT CPL741

I have ZF45a at 1.5:1 reduction and swinging 17X16 props in a 28 Bertram.  The mounts are similar to the attached pic.  I got these mounts back in 2009 and do not know the model or spec on them.

I have 2 mounts mounted at the front of the engines and 2 mounts attached to the ZF gear in normal configuration.

I am just trying to hopefully take a bit of the edge off of the shake rattle and roll at idle speed.  Any bit would be an improvement.

The engines perform well and actually push this heavy boat along very nicely.

If the engines are not perfectly synced they will sure as heck let you know it and times it by ten at idle speed

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

What exact gear model/spec,  and what exact mounts do you have now?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.