• Creator
    Topic

Edward Petersen
    Participant
    Engines: 6BTA 370

I purchased the pump for a ReCom 370 B and had my mechanic install 4/22. Launched boat for the season yesterday and noticed what appears to be corrosion below the bottom wrap hole on the pump and salt on the mounts. Pumps has less than 200 hours on it. What are my options? I replaced the Sherwood that came with the engine that lasted 5 years and 1400 hours. Only reason I replaced it was because I was afraid of a failure based on what I was reading. Pulling this pump is a major hassle and expense and I was wondering if there are any other options. Not looking to point fingers but I was very surprised when I saw this corrosion and it must have started last season. Ā Iā€™ve purchased a lot of Ā upgrades from Seaboard and never had any issues and always appreciated their help and advice.Ā 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Edward Petersen
    Participant

Tony,

Thanks. I cleaned the area up and ran it for 20 min at idle at various RPMs from low to medium and noticed water on the paper towel I put below the pump so it appears it needs replacement now.

Is there any way you can send me an exchange pump so I can have my mechanic remove and install the same day? Iā€™ll give you a credit card number if needed. The issue with sending it back is that I have have to pay my mechanic twice to remove , jack the engine and then again to reinstall. Iā€™m trying to keep the cost down. Plus Iā€™m on the East Coast so it will take at least Ā week to turn the pump around.Ā <br /><br />

Any Ā help will Ā be appreciated.Ā 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Yes, an un-needed hassle to deal with–Sorry Ā 

1– Pull the pump and send it to us– we will fix it and send it back

2– This is not mission disabling– Just messy.. Clean it all up real good, Spray all with something like WD 40 and WWM ( wait watch & monitor) and letā€™s see how much of a seal leak you have. If a drip or so every hour, then you can postpone until it’s more convenient to deal with

No time limit with an issue like this .

Protect all ( keep wet) with WD-40 that gets saltwater on it

Edward Petersen
    Participant

Photo

PhotoĀ 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.