• Creator
    Topic

Fireisland1
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Riverwind
    Engines: cummins QSB 380

i would like to get the engine display on my Garmin 5212. SBMAR stated nmea 2000 smartcraft gateway for my application. i would like to know what data i can display . i want to keep my old smartcraft working at the same time . does anyone have a screen shot of what it would look like?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

SIM MODULE

Sounds like either a bad SIM Module or a bad physical harnessing connection… that’s where I would start

georges dherlin
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Pelagus
    Engines: QSV 5.9

2 Active alarms

helo mi friend got to the marina afther a 2 hours trip to fuel he stop the 2 engine and when ready to go again the port engine would not start and he got : 2 active alarms N1 Sim no J1939 DATA and n2 SmartStart Aborted

David H
    Participant

New Garmin doesnt need gateway?

The new Garmins like gpsmap 1243 and 7408 in their specs say “J1939 included to read CAN engine data”.
    I’m wondering if I can take the CAN wiring directly into the new Garmin without having any kind of gateway device? the Garmin displays have many engine gauge options already built in to their software.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

You have to make a choice– “Mercury “Smartcrap” , now with basically ZERO support, or the world standard SAE J1939 ( your ECM’s parent output) & NEMA 2K” ———————————-It’s One or the other..

Your call………………….

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.