• Creator
    Topic

Jerry White
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bessie Ann
    Engines: cummins

I am interested in mounting a small hydraulic pump on the back of a ZF-63 gear, never seen a PTO on these gears and curious if it can be done. Also interested in the maximum power one could draw from a PTO on a ZF 63.

Thanks,

JW

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

ATF Gear PTO

Yes, 1:1 and rotates CCW looking at the PTO, meaning you need a CW pump. Remember, it’s a live PTO so if you got that direction, your system must be designed to accommodate that. 8 GPM at idle speeds is a VERY BIG pump for an SAE A pad.. 8 GPM at 1200 RPM ( where most pumps are rated), may be doable.

It’s $700 kit, but looks like something that should be more like 50% of that.. .

Tony

Jerry White
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bessie Ann
    Engines: cummins

Tony,

Thanks for the info, I looked around your website but didn’t see that item listed, curious about the price?

I am assuming that the PTO would be turning at input shaft speed? Looking for a way to run a small, ~8gpm or so pump to drive a small net roller and little boom winch.

Thanks again for the info,

JW

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

ZF "ATF" gear PTO's

Yes, ZF does offer a PTO for your gear.. We do stock them, but to be honest, I have never installed one or used one… “They say” it’s for an SAE A hyd pump ( like power steering or a small hyd puller)…

What I know about it is attached.. Read that you’ll you’ll know what I know other than I have had a “kit” it on my desk to touch & feel. Looks easy to install..

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.