• Creator
    Topic

Tom Bartolomei
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Doghouse - 48' Sabre Salon Express
    Engines: Twin QSC 8.3

Tony et al – Installed and used the envirovent system on my QSB’s and was a big fan of them.  Is there an Envirovent system for the QSC’s?

Tom

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

This a the “factory” system but it’s really not a CCV system.. It’s “idea” is to vent the  “crankcase blowby gases to a low pressure areas” near the air cleaner……………………….We have done a few custom Envirovent systems for the QSC, but until you have a “messy” issue that your want to mitigate, I’d let it be..

Tony 

Tom Bartolomei
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Doghouse - 48' Sabre Salon Express
    Engines: Twin QSC 8.3

Tony –  

See attached pictures I have on hand.  It has a CCV system of some kind (with an oil return line back to the pan) and an outlet for fumes to be sucked into the air filter.  I’m not noticing anything at the moment but you can see some discoloration in the area of the air filter where it is ingesting the emissions from that breather tube.  The engines were mfg Sept 2013.  S/N  73581794  and S/N 73581795.  Each CPL 906

Tom

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Tom,

Need to see EXACTLY what Cummins supplied with your  QSC’s……….Good pics of the install, all angles and perspectives..

Are you having any issues that you need to address as to your crankcase bypass / emissions/ blow-by currently?

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.