• Creator
    Topic

john maybeck
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Wasabi
    Engines: qsb 5.9

I have a QSB 5.9 425 hp and was crawling around changing filters etc and now the ECM view doesn’t respond to any input. I may have upset a connection while working . It lites up and show’s the last function .Any thoughts on where to start looking?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

I will do my best…

john maybeck
    Participant

I tried the above with no change so I will send you the unit to you to see if you can figure it out.
    On any of the recent ign power up there is no boot process. Just the screen shot I sent before.

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

If the screen does not go through a “normal” boot up sequence, then I would remove the engines ECM power connection (power studs near the ECM) for 60-120 seconds and re-connect and re-apply IGN power… then see what the screen does after that… if that doesn’t work then you may have a dead screen. You can always send in the screen and I can attempt to re-flash the software on the bench…

Let us know…

Corey

john maybeck
    Participant

There is no response once ignition is on. Unable to switch modes for rpm, temp, etc. And it is locked on the same screen showing tank status which hasn’t been working for some time now. I can’t confirm if if was not working before I started my annual mantinence, racor,impeller, filters and oil , zinks etc but it has been fine all season so I believe I may have disrupted a connection but all appear to be intact.
    I realize elec issues can be uncertain and do appreaciate your time to reply
    John Maybeck

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

So, even after powering down and back up, the display does not respond to any input? Does it boot up to the normal screen that shows RPM etc.?

Describe what you’ve done to try and get it to work and exactly what the display is doing…

john maybeck
    Participant

Sorry
    Meant smart craft display

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

When you say ECM, do you mean the digital instrument screen up at the dash?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.