• Creator
    Topic

Mike Pettee
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Cop-Out
    Engines: Cummins 370s

All,, specifically Tony,

My March upgrades to go along with maintenance include a CCV system for the engines. I currently have a Walker Air-Sep.

In reading I would like to eliminate them entirely. My question is what would be the replacement. If a CCV kit was ordered and I indicated I did not have a pre-existing Airsep kit would it include new filters?

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

I filled using the marks on the stick. Possible us overfilled?

Yes. Have you seen this?

https://www.sbmar.com/articles/oil-pan-capacities-for-cummins-marine-engines/

Mike Pettee
    Participant

Both engines have some. First is starboard. Second port.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xkVbKCNnUBE3rVmE7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6vRwQ7sVhh37uVNz7

Mike Pettee
    Participant

Noticable as in visible but not settled into the bottle, if that makes sense. I’ll get a picture tomorrow night.

I filled using the marks on the stick. Possible us overfilled?

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator

Noticeable puke on first run? How many quarts are you running in the oil pan? Both engines or one?

Good deal on the improvements.

Mike Pettee
    Participant

First run.

Fume smell gone. My wife says all she could smell was the air freshener in the cabin. That’s the point. I mean gone gone. Going down canal all I smelled was grills….

Second. Turbo whine. Much more pronounced. I dunno of the walkers subdued it, but it’s more noticable at all rpms. Prior I wouldn’t hear it till 2800. Now, 2400 and its there. I like it. Not a complaint, as its quieter across the board I feel. And the whine is badass.

Third. Response to throttle. Seems to be quicker to come up in RPM, and therefore planes a bit faster. Could just be me.

I did find some puke in the bottle already, so that’s nice to know it’s not around my engine bay.

I put 160 thermostats in also. Port engine temp stayed max 170ish. Starboard still showing 200 so definitely an electrical issue I havent found. Will start second thread.

Very happy with this CCV setup at initial impressions!!!

Luke Nelson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Image
    Engines: QSC 8.3 540hp

Wish I had found this link before buying a replacement walker air filter that was missing on a pair of engines. I could have had 2 for 1!

Mike Pettee
    Participant

Just a follow up. Installed this weekend. Aside from contorting myself into positions I should not fit, easy install.
    I could not get to the oil drain from the original Walker, so I plugged it with a bolt and clamped it then zip tied it off. Will update further with results.

Robert Leder
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Mulligan
    Engines: Cummins 370hp

Was having an issue of oil leak around Walker AirSep prior to install of EnviroVent CCV over 6 months ago. Gone are the leaks and all is working well. A true upgrade, not just a fix.

Mike Pettee
    Participant

Just placed my order for the CCV Systems. I will try to document my install.

James Pirino
    Participant

I found them very straight forward to install. The only issue I ran into with my Starboard engine which had a remote located oil filter bracket which got in the way of the timing cover style. I called Seaboard and they sent me the connection setup for the valve covers. My Airsep filters were getting old and this system seems to make a lot more sense.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator

EnviroVent Purchase & Install

Mike,

It’s all here:
    https://www.sbmar.com/?s=enviro

Dan
    Participant
    Engines: Cummins

Apart from a large trash can for the airseps everything you need including air filters comes with the kit.Instalation is very easy,you will need some space above the engines for the breather filter,if unsure post some pics of your engine install and someone will advise you what specific kit you will need.

They work very well.

Mike Pettee
    Participant

Im just wanting to know what I need to order to go from my airsep to the ccv system. I like the design of the hose connection at the front of the filter, with not setup it will be easier maintenance.

Does the ccv kit come with the filter? If im eliminating my airsep, what all do I need to order?

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Envirovent CCV

I am hoping that our web site and my “politics” on CCV’s in general is “crystal clear”…………If not, I have failed..

Let me know what needs to be done so this type of question does not need a response..

Help me help you & others when it comes to a “Mechanical B series” Cummins and their needs as to a CCV system..

Tony

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.