• Creator
    Topic

stevenagodfrey
    Participant

Hello –

In the process of installing the SBMAR Boost pressure gauges and found an interesting difference after removing the threaded plugs from the Air Intake Manifolds. Top picture black (is port engine) and the Bottom Picture with Red Rust is the Starboard side. Both engines around 1,000 hours (year 2000). Prior to purchase (last year) the starboard aftercooler was replaced. Port aftercooler serviced last year.

Any thoughts on the difference and what would be expected inside a 20 year old air intake manifold?

Thanks
    Steve

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

stevenagodfrey
    Participant

EGT Boost Pressure on Misting Engine

Thought I would update this thread with the results of the EGT / Boost installation

Starboard engine with Red Rust from the past:

RPM / EGT / Boost
    1200 / 500 / 0
    1600 / 600 / About 5
    1800 / 600 / About 10
    2000 / 600 / About 12
    2200 / 600 / About 16
    2400 / 700 / About 20
    2620 / 800 / About 28

I am concluding this is pretty good for 20 years with new aftercooler. Discovered I didn’t have full travel on port throttle linkage (thanks to Tony’s low power trouble shooting) so I need to redo that side. I get about 2960 no load. RPM confirmed with photo tach.

Appreciate all the community support.

Plan to gather data on Port side and then get tuned and made decision on pitch.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Real simple explanation–The one engine was “misting” for, “how long”?

What’s done is done and don’t worry about the past.. Just keep all up to our protocol..

Tony

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.