• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Alex.
  • Creator
    Topic

Alex
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to find the correct part number for the short dipstick that threads into the aluminum oil pan on my 6BTAs.

I want to change the long dip stick that comes up the sides of the engines to the short version I’ve seen in some other 6BTs.

Can anyone provide the part #?

Thank you.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Alex
    Participant

Thanks Tony. No worries.
    I could also take one of the original dipsticks, measure tip protrusion into the pan, thread engagement and cut to make shorter accordingly, keeping all equal at the actual oil level measurement portion that matters. Also confirming with your write up on oil capacity etc.

I bought new long dipsticks months ago. So I can modify one of the original ones no problem to test this, then modify the new dipsticks.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

I spent some time looking and all I can come up with are the ones that come on the new RECON 6BTA’s.. No part numbers on them that I could see.. For me to help, I’d have to remove the pieces from a new RECON and then figure out a way to replace.. It would not be be a fair $$ wise or time wise for me to do that.

Alex
    Participant

Photo As requested – Stb engine the day it was pulled from the boat, before complete disassembly for rebuild with the original long dipstick.

<br />Its now back together as a long block and without the dipstick, waiting to find the short dipstick.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Post a clear picture of your dipstick from about 18″ away that also shows your oil pan in this area

Alex
    Participant

This one

The dipstick Im looking forĀ 

Alex
    Participant

Thanks Rob,

No, that’s the one I currently have.

I’m looking for a stubby one I’ve seen on other 12 valves. Let me see if I can find an image here to reference.

I’m guessing its about 6-7″ long.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Is this the dipstick you are in search of?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.