• Creator
    Topic

Matthew
    Participant

Hello there.

Was today on this boat,it has two old Volvo TAMD74 engines with ZF gearboxes,and on stbd side no gears at all,someone did changed solenoids,did check lever controls,voltage to solenoids alos good when lever is in forwards or reverse,but nothing happenes.

Is it possible to mechanically override solenoids to check if gearbox itself works,or similar?

Thank you.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Matthew
    Participant

Yes,on my pump is also housing worned like on your photo,sorry for not taking better photos..

It has low pressure,too low that works as it should yes,that’s why if you can reply on email with estimate with super urgent shipping would be greatly appreciated.

Later on i need to drain,clean,flush oil system,but this will be on when i know new pump is on the way,will have time to do it.

One more question,probably will be chalenging to install it good,because inside there is that small middle piece,coupling let’s say so,that seats between pump and gearbox drive,any tipps how to install it safely?

Thank you.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

This is what wears and gets damaged.. The inner machined housingĀ  surfaces of the aluminum housing.. Can’t really tell much from you pics, but the fact that there hardly anyĀ  pressure seems very odd to me–Low pressure yes. Ā  Either way replace the pump,Ā  but be sure your gear sump is clean along with the cooler and hoses.. #2 diesel does a great job of flushing things out. Ā  . Ā  Ā  Ā 

Matthew
    Participant

Hello Tony.

Please have a look have just those few photos.

Tony Athens

Drop me a note,Ā  direct to my email

I sure would like to “see” inside your pump–

Grooves in the aluminum housing?Ā  Some type of trash went thru it?Ā  Trash could still me in the system?Ā  Suction screen violated?

Matthew
    Participant

Hello sir,thanks for fast reply. Yes,i know that cause needs to be found,but this owner is desperate to go out this summer one more time,he is old guy,and probably wants to enjoy in his boat one more time.

Some company did works on gearbox,probably other one,because it has aftermarket oil cooler,and pump looks replaced ,because is not painted.

I do have interest for new pump,can i email you directly for quote,or? Much obliged.

Tony Athens

I am 90% sure we have a new pump in stock–Or,Ā  I could pull one off a new gear if needed..Ā  Drop me a note direct Ā  Here’s the issue–what wore out your pump inĀ  Ā “how many hours”Ā  ..Ā  Ā Think about it

1 user thanked author for this post.

Matthew
    Participant

Hello hello. I need new pump,this one is worned out inside,can you supply me new pump Tony? I need it urgently now,it is ongoing story with this boat,like to make finalĀ  closure from my side,thank you.

Matthew
    Participant

Hello Tony. I did remove pump today,it has three M8 bolts,did start up engine,drive is turning good with engine idling.

Did left pump at guys at hydraulic shop to open it up,inspect it and bench test it somehow,to see if is okay.

Thank you for reply,kind of you.

Tony Athens

Neutral should be about at least 50 PSI..Ā  Remove the pump ( just 2 long screws) and hang/pull it over to one side–Have something start the engine and look at the pump drive to see if it it turning at engine rpm

Matthew
    Participant

I did try today to remove solenoid,did engage emergency override to have gear,started engine,but nothing happened.

Have also removed valve,check that is not dirty or clogged,looks fine..Seems that gearbox doesn’t have pressure,Tony where are you,give me some input if can be done something before condeming gearbox,maybe to test oil pump if possible?Ā 

Much obliged!

Matthew
    Participant

Hello sir. Yes,i did look there for some infos,did install with “tee” oil pressure gauge,and would like to know,on idle in neutral,what pressure shoul i expect there?

Posting photo to see how i install it for testing purposes.

Tony Athens

“Tony’s Tips”Ā  Ā  Ā 

It’s all there

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.