• Creator
    Topic

Tony P
    Participant

Does anyone have a good way to access the Oil Screen and easier way of wrenching the magnetic bolt? I’m getting an alarm on the port engine low temp and low psi of ~60psi ish, starboard psi is in the low to mid 300’s. I’d like to check the obvious places first, clogged oil screen, faulty psi gauge, bad pump, and that bolt is in a tight location. The motor and transmission runs fine ad I’ve a feeling that do to the location of the oil check valve and screen it hasn’t been done in a while.  How much oil will I lose when I get that bolt off? The bolt looks low on the block.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

“….and I think we’ve spent more than $20k on fishing gear for sure”

“Gear”, as referenced by Tony above, is another term for “marine transmission”..

Tony P
    Participant

Additional Info

I’ll try to get photos this weekend. The main engine are 1,200 MAN with 4,900 hours on a 52’ Viking. We’ve tools and I think we’ve spent more than $20k on fishing gear for sure. 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

You have a $20,000 + gear. You are seeing something that you cannot access or ?  Don’t you think you should show us what you are trying to do?  Pictures of all would be a start plus the history of the gear…. That would be a start.. NO CLOSE-UP’s–Need to see all..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.