• Creator
    Topic

Jonathan H Acton
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Upskirt Lures

I just purchased a 1978 pacemaker Wahoo 26, it currently has twin chevy 292 with 1in shafts and 12in wheels. I found 2 Gov surplus Yanmar 4lha-dtp with trans from Adelmans in Chicago. I’m looking at what else am I looking at getting into such as shafts, wheels, struts, logs and rudders. Any help and input would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

What is your marine power train engineering background?

What are your own in-house fabrication facilities & capabilities? Metal, FRP, wood, electrical, etc etc etc.

What type of budget to you have outside of the easy part ‘Buying a pair of engines”, BTW that I doubt you have any real idea of what is really “inside’? How long of these engines been sitting? And of course, they were properly put into long term storage?

Just because the boat is small, the questions above are not — Same things apply to a 30-50 ft vessel when you start thinking conversions like this….In your case, one on the things you have to sort out is getting your props to counter rotate with a 1:1 gear.. You old gassers were most likely a Rt & Lt engines using a VD 1:1 gear…………… Your Yanmar’s are not. They are both CW rotation.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.