• Creator
    Topic

Champ3555
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Nauru-Jonesn
    Engines: QM11 535

Good morning all. this is an update to a post made in November last year. My 2001 Carver 570 Voyager will not reach max RPM on the starboard engine. Port will reach 1800 plus and starboard will max out at 1400. I realize 1800 is not max also. The boat was reaching 2300 RPM when I purchased it 4 years ago. That changed after a year with no known reason. Cummins recently replaced a bad ECM on the starboard but during the sea trial the programing was difficult due to the computer receiving intermittent signals from both port and starboard, even though they were plugged into the starboard data port.Ā 

1. Engines are Cummins 535 QSM11’s
    2. Transmissions are Twin Disk MG-5081-A and I believe electronic control
    3. Throttle control system isĀ  EC200

Desperately seeking adviseĀ 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Champ3555
    Participant

Old post number

Forgot to give you the number of the old post #123485

Champ3555
    Participant

Sending what I have available now

Thank you very much for the response Tony. The reason for calling Cummins out was the low RPM. I was told by local marina the issue could be in the engines.

I do not have the maintenance prior to owning the boat. We had an incident in which a sunken dock was pulled up by our anchor resulting in the starboard prop wrapping a large amount of cable around that prop. The prop shafts and props, rudders were replaced, transmissions were inspected and some repair completed. This RPM issue started after this incident. I have the initial reports from a local mechanic that inspected the boat. The repairs took over a year due to insurance and parts issues. We also had moved out of the country and were not around to push the issues. We finally brought Cummins in based on the marinas recommendations.

1. File- Jones engine water and ac. This is the first inspection after the cable incident
    2. File-Ā  Invoice 366X3BLT9Z8EJF97 Is the invoice related to the first inspection
    3. File- Two pictures of the cable on the prop
    4. Next three files are ECM readings after all underside repairs were completed by CCGS
    5. Cummins report is what Cummins recently completed. The RPM issue was over Roy’s head (CCGS)

I will call Cummins tomorrow and request their ECM downloads

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

If you hired “Cummins” to come down and do “whatever”, exactly what did you hire them for “symptom wise” ??

Post the ECM downloadsĀ  should have furnished you.

Post there detailed write up that they must have furnished?

Post the complete history of engines(s)Ā  operational and maintenance from when you bought the boat,Ā  and BEFORE.Ā 

Number of old post is ??

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.