• Creator
    Topic

Richard Geczi
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ofishal Business
    Engines: QSM11 Cummins

OK, looks like I need a new turbo. Its for a Cummins QSM11 670 hp 2007. Turbo is a Holset HX60 see tag in photo. Tony, do you sell them and if so how much are they. I found a match on the internet for $2649.00. Looking for a better price if possible. Any help from anyone who may have a source.
    Richard Geczi
    757-472-9944
    [email protected]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Can’t tell from your post…………… Only interested in GPH at 1800 & 2000 RPM… That is all that matters..

Make it easy to understand………

Tony

Richard Geczi
    Participant

Engines have 2655 hours, after coolers serviced per your post and posted on boat diesel when you were moderator. You commented that it was a nice job and I sent you photos. Here are more phots of the crack.

Richard Geczi
    Participant

Turbo was cracked bad

So here is my question. Any help is appreciated.
    My Port engine is about 2.5 PSI’s of pressure higher vs my stb engine. The reason its jumping out at me is I just had to replace the Port Turbo do to a bad crack in it at the point it attaches to the exhaust manifold. I just installed the turbo and while out on a sea trial noticed the difference when I was comparing fuel burn, load and boost. The boat runs perfect, its just a concern and wanted feedback as to it being a problem?
    I did notice prior that the port engine always burned about 1 to 1.5 Gal per hour more and the load is slightly higher on the port engine, perhaps this is the reason the boost is also slightly higher. Do you feel this is anything to worry about or am I being to picky.

Boost Pressure PSI
    RPM Port Eng Stb Eng Difference
    1600 16.2 14.5 1.7
    1700 18.5 16.2 2.3
    1740 20.0 17.6 2.4
    1820 22.6 19.7 2.9
    1900 29.5 25.5 4.0
    2350 40.6 38.5 2.1

Boat is a 2007 42 Tiara Open powered by Cummins QSM 11 670 HP
    Thanks
    Richard G
    [email protected]

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

If you are shopping $$, then post the exact Cummins part number for a genuine Cummins part.. That way you can compare.. If you ask shopping some from a Holset distributor, then go there as I only sell genuine Cummins parts that we buy from Cummins, not from a Holset distributor.

But the real question should be this? Why do you need a new turbo?

Total hours on the engine?

How deep have you looked?

Tony

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.