• Creator
    Topic

Paul Diggins
    Participant

I did a complete rebuild from the keel up. The engines were Cummins recon 6BTA 5.9 @ 315

I didn’t want to use the Cummins supplied pannels. I wanted to use the smaller digital engine displays and have my MFD dead ahead. I used Tony’s displays and it came out great

Here is what it looks like

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

Gateway

I feel pretty comfortable with the NMEA gateway option so no I don’t think seeing your display version will provide any value.

Let us know…

Tom Mann
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bow Tie
    Engines: Cummins QSM11 660hp

Hi Corey,

I did a little research on the gateway regarding wiring and installation, looks like I’m going to be good to go with this! Thanks very much for your information. Do you still need the version number on the Smartcraft or should this be compatible?

Thanks again,

Tom Mann

Tom Mann
    Participant

Hi Corey,

I can’t send you the screen displaying the version, the boat is in New Bern NC having the Aftercoolers done and some other work and then going to Key West. I’m stuck in New Jersey for a couple of months. When I get back on the boat I’ll copy the screen and send it to you.

Thanks,

Tom Mann

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Tom,

Looks like Corey has you sorted out…he is the goto guy when integrating anything to Cummins or SMX products. Ā Nice helm station. In the future feel free to start a new topic with any questions you may have. Ā Thanks.

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

NMEA Gateway

Tom, Corey here…

Since you have a “SmartCraft” Ā QSM11… you should be able to purchase a NMEA gateway device and re-broadcast the engine data to your NMEA network multi-function displays.

The device will plug into the 6-port junction box that can be found near (behind) the helm station.

http://www.sbmar.com/product/smartcraft-multi-engine-1-4-nmea-2000-gateway/

Nice looking dash!

Tom Mann
    Participant

IMG_0485

Tom Mann
    Participant

Hi Rob, this is the setup at my helm. If that helps.

thanks again,

Tom Mann

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

SmartCraft Version

Tom, can you please post a picture of your current digital display? I need to see which version you have so I can help you get your engine data over to your NMEA network… some version are easier than others…

Tom Mann
    Participant

Hi Rob, I have a pair of QSM11’s and recently updated my electronics with a Garmin 4210 & Garmn 7212. I’m looking to wire the M11’s thru the Smartcraft SC5000 into the Garmin network. I read that the Smartcraft wires get attached to the network via the NMEA. Does the Smartcraft need a interface in order to connect to the M11’s? Not sure to call Garmin or ?

Thanks,

Tom Mann

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

Paul, your displays looks great! Thank you so much for posting pictures… it’s been a long and thoughtful process developing the displays that can interface with the Cummins mechanical diesels and we’re proud of how much overall value they can actually provide to engine owners… I really do feel that they are a nice “modern” addition to the rock solid Cummins mechanical diesel engines… so I hope you love them as much as we do!

Again, thanks for sharing…

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator

Very nice. Ā I am running the 7612xsv w/dual transducers (w/CHIRP SideVu scanning, etc etc)…Sometimes the detail is so good it’s spookyDAVY JONES!

Paul Diggins
    Participant

Yes I have the boost It’s not installed yet. The Garmin is a 7212. It made it so much better to look straight ahead rather than look to the side in the electronics box

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator

Paul,

Thanks for sharing. Ā Very slick, it does not get any cleaner looking than that.

Do you have any of the “add-ons” ? (boost, N2K, egt, etc.)

What Garmin unit is that, 74xx or 76xx series?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.