• Creator
    Topic

Lee Essay
    Participant

Hello, I wanted to ask what the best SMX filter option is for a generator feed line. I currently have a Racor 500FG for the generator and a SMX Double with a FS19513 and FS1000 for the main engine. I would like to switch the Racor out to SMX for the ease of maintenance and to have just one style of replacement filters. I am thinking the SMX kit that is the single SMX601 head with a FS1000 filter. I am not sure if the FS1000 by itself is the same or better filtration as the Racor. Will that alone with the on engine filter be sufficient? Also can a back mount vac gauge be installed in forward 1/2″ port on the SMX head? Generator is a Northern Lights 5.5KW.

Lee

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Lee Essay
    Participant

Thanks tony. I am going to go with the SMX single FS1000 with the 601 head so i can mount it to the back board.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

A single FS1000 with do you right. The heads on your DD are 2 x 501 heads, not 601 heads.. The 601 head has a built-in mounting bracket. If you use a 501 head, you will have to come up with custom 90 degree bracket. Vac gauge– Not sure if it will even register with your little generator until it is basically clogged– likely 1000’s of hours later….The FS 1000 in the final fuel filter for a QSM11 ( up to 700HP)

Lee Essay
    Participant

Picture of current setup

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.