• Creator
    Topic

jdidonato333
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Out "STANDING"
    Engines: Twin Cummins Model: 6BTA 5.9

I was running to WOT to make sure rpm’s were correct, I had a 50 RPM difference between the port engine and starboard. 50 rpm’s lower for port. I checked throttle cable to make sure at full throttle the fuel pump throw was at full throttle, it was good. I was wondering if there is anything else that could need adjustment or more than likely the props need reconditioned.

Thanks
    Joe

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

jdidonato333
    Participant

Yes, I installed Aetna’s the beginning of the year. I will do the no load test this weekend when I get down to the boat.

Joe

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Digitals as in Aetnaā€™s? All my Aetnaā€™s have been dead on, not sure about other brands..

No load WOT test is done in neutral with the engine at normal operating temp. Bring her up to mid 2,000 rpm range and then in one smooth motion go full throttle just long enough to stabilize and read rpms and then smooth her back down.

jdidonato333
    Participant

digital tachs

I forgot to mention I just installed digital tachs, that’s how i actually saw the difference.
    I haven’t done the no load test, is there a procedure for that on the website?
    WOT with no load?

Joe

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Have you verified the tachs with a photo-tach? Have you checked no-load rpm? If those two check out then it would point to the props

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.