• Creator
    Topic

michael Blanchard
    Participant
    Vessel Name: F/V Jeanne Maria
    Engines: QSC 500hp

I have a QSC 500 with DTS controls in two stations and want to add a third station. I know that that DTS controls were limited to just two stations but has that changed? Are there options other than replacing the controls? My harnesses are very easily accessible could I just add the third station and unplug one and use the other?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

That’s why they call him a “salesman”..

Not sure how important is is for you to add that 3rd station, but if you zero out with Mercury, and this is super important and you have the budget, there are options that could replace the entire Mercury Electronic side of your engines, “SMARTCRAP”, and that would give you lots of options.. But it would be expensive, but once you made that move, then you have real long term “support” from multiple places.

Tony

michael Blanchard
    Participant
    Vessel Name: F/V Jeanne Maria
    Engines: QSC 500hp

Thanks for the reply Tony. I was afraid that this was going to be the case, I wish that the Cummins rep/salesman had given me the same information that you just did.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

I need to be honest–DTS is a 100% Mercury thing and this is something that can only be dealt with thru a very sharp Mercury dealer.. Cummins cannot support it (never could) so you need to find someone that deals with Mercury outboards and their later model gas engines that use this very complex system.

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.