• Creator
    Topic

Brian Will
    Participant

What’s involved with a service for the QSC fuel & oil cooler. I have it off the engine waiting for my aftercooler kits to arrive from Seaboard and want to clean the cooler out. Can this be placed in a 10:1 water acid tub and let soak for a few hours? This is for the fuel & oil cooler only, not the aftercooler. Thanks.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brian Will
    Participant

Rob, Please disregard my last post, I just saw the picture you attached. This makes sense and is doable. I’m doing this work on the boat so space is a bit limited.Ā 

Thanks.

Brian Will
    Participant

Can I put this into a bucket and soak it in CLR? The stand on end and weigh it down is an issue for me.

Thanks.

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Dave gave you good advice.Ā  What more are you looking for?

Brian Will
    Participant

Fuel / Oil Cooler Service Question

Still seeing if anyone knows what to do to service the fuel/oil cooler. Do I need to dunk this in an acid solution to clean? Any other suggestions on what I need to do to clean this out?

Thanks.

Dave Carlson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Bec'n Me
    Engines: 500 QSC

I have done the pool acid the same way I do the aftercoolers by setting the cooler on a piece of foam and filling the cooler with the solution. I found it takes some weight on top of the cooler to keep it tight against the foam. I also cap the fittings for the fuel and trans oil to keep them clean.Ā 

I have thought about submerging the cooler in the solution with the fittings on but have not tried that approach yet. Maybe someone has or can comment on that procedure.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.