• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by pm.
  • Creator
    Topic

pm
    Participant

I’m looking to the name or part number for the attached flange.  It has 6 broken bolts,and i may be better just replacing 

Thanks

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

pm
    Participant

I may need that flat flange.   I think it was being use as a spacer.  With it, the mixing elbow lines up perfectly with the muffler input.   Please let me know if you have one…

Thanks

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

The flange on your mixer will bolt directly to the turbo without that intermediate adapter flange. It all just needs to cleaned up properly and use the proper hardware and graphite gaskets

pm
    Participant

Thanks Tony.

Attached is a pic of the turbo.  I was pretty suprised the I took it apart. Every bolt on the turbo at broken, and the only think holing it together was pressure from the hose on the mixing elbow.

I was a little suprised that the surveyor missed all this.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Looks like an EARLY QSL9 / QSC exhaust flange adapter? Never seen one rust like that?  What does the rest of the turbo look like,  as the flange,  is an  SS alloy..   If you send me that pics I’ll look it up. I may have even have a new one. You really doe not need it as you can bolt a better design directly to the turbo and eliminate it entirely.   Got some pics of what the exhaust system looks like near the turbo?    

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.