• Creator
    Topic

Christopher friesen
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Pacific rainbow
    Engines: 5.9 qsb 380

Hi chris here I’m new to this so pls excuse    I have a 5.9 qsb with smart craft gages . Engine won’t start I use every day in Summer  not a lot winter time commercial fishing .. engine was running fine staring fine then suddenly would not start ??? I changed crank shaft sensor as a code did come up .. did t help still not starting .. changed filters and racor did see little water in racor ..so drained fuel filter out looked good clean no water that could see .. engine started  very easy and ran perfect under load while working eveytime before this problem 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Luke Nelson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Image
    Engines: QSC 8.3 540hp

Not sure if it a the same, but on a engine that sat for a few year.  Ive had the ceramic HP fuel pump plungers lock up before on a QSC if its the same pump? I don’t believe that Cummins  call it a serviceable part? 

Christopher friesen
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Pacific rainbow
    Engines: 5.9 qsb 380

5.9 cumming qsb won’t start .. not getting fuel to injectors.  Engine was running fine up till oct 26 th no issue at all started every time very easily.. after cranking few times engine threw a code (cam shaft sensor ) changed out sensor still did not start .. looked at fuel next , racor had tiny amount of water , fuel filter looked ok , no visable water in fuel filter ..  changed out fuel and racor still not starting  .. never had any issues with not starting before oct 26 th it flashed up instantly and ran with no problems and lots power everything felt and sounded good .. smx panel did send another code I will try to send pics of both codes 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Let’s do a repost with dates and history, with  hours between good and not good,  etc..

Need to get a better feel on what and when your issue started..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.