• Creator
    Topic

Raymond W Smith
    Participant
    Vessel Name: "Fire Dog IV"
    Engines: Cummins QSL9

Have a 2006 QSL9 with 5000 Engine Hours. I Cruise from 1020 RPM (8.5 MPH) to 1350 RPM (10.0 MPH). Change Oil every 200 Hours. Shell Rotella 15/40. 2006 40 Foot Sedan Trawler!!!. What maintenance should i be having done at this stage of the game. Getting ready to service the After Cooler for the 2nd time. Valves were adjusted at 2000 hours.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Here is the long term key, based on what you just posted——————-As long as you do the aftercooler per my protocol every 2 yrs( hours do not matter if you are in saltwater) , your exhaust system does not let water into your turbo, and you keep the rest the the cooling system up to spec along with all of the rotating devices on the front of the engine, expect 25000-30000++++++++ hours before you will be looking for a rebuild..

I will be pulling a pair in Dec that will have not less than 35000 hrs on each of them —They will still being running daily in this boat and run as new. So why repower– Your tax dollars are going to help me do it for close to free.Tier 2 to Tier 3……….

Find me any engine in this category that can rack up these kind of hours in 10 yrs with ZERO issues ……… You won’t………………Of course, much has to do with the way it is serviced and that did not come from the Cummins maintenance manual. BTW, his engine room is also “polished” top to bottom & stays that way…..It’s all part of of the equation……………………

https://www.miragesportfishing.com/

Tony

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.