• Creator
    Topic

Stephen Oliver
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ascella
    Engines: 2x Cummins 330hp Diamond

So about to put my intercooler back together and it has the typical pitting on the internal circular face at the bottom of the body casing, it doesnt cause any issues with sealing, however I was wondering if it was worth filling the pits with a skim of JBweld or something like JB tankweld putty just to prevent condensation etc from reacting and pitting even further? Just trying to eek more years out of the housing!

Steve

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Stephen Oliver
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ascella
    Engines: 2x Cummins 330hp Diamond

Thanks Rob

Shouldnt be too much of a pain if using the putty as I can smear it in.. and the tolerances there are ‘loose’ to say the least. The face that meet the core ends is fine this is about 1/2″ up from there.. and not ‘critical’ surface.. i’m just trying to prevent corrosion.. and also stop more fur growing which seems to be what jams the core in… It strikes me that these things should be coated internally for longer life!

Steve

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Won’t hurt. May be a bit of a PITA to get it faired down just right due to the tight tolerances of the core/housing but could be helpful. Make sure you prep good for good adhesion.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.