• Creator
    Topic

Allan Sanders
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Brereze
    Engines: QSB 6.7

]Just took delivery of a boat with twin QSB 6.7 WITH ZEUS PODS ran yesterday no issues today high exhaust temp would come on and off on vessel view. at around 1800RPM water finally got calm was able to run 2900 RPM no more alarms pulled back to come in marine alarm on then off I felt of the big white exhaust tube it felt cool.
    getting fuel left engine run the alarm went off about three times I cant even pin it to which engine time I get hand to vessel view its gone.
    still have 1200 miles on trip to get home any suggestions?
    Thanks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Allan,

With zero engine performance history ( new boat) and zero engine GPH load numbers per 100 RPM in an easy to read chart the you need to put together, NO one could possibly give you solid answer…………….But with that said, I’ll make a guess……….

I am guessing your vessel is a 2-step hull at it current operating weight, and has not climbed over the “tying to get over the plane hump”, and at those RPM’s, the engines are OVERLOADED at those vessel speeds/RPM’s..

Solution–None right now , other than to either run at 8-10 Kts, or get up up on a clean plane above 16-18 K’s or so …………

WE really need a lot more info to do this right.

Tony

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.