• Creator
    Topic

Ian
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Hassall Free
    Engines: 2 x 6BT5.9m

I was doing some checks on the 210hp 6BT engines today and noticed the fuel hose going to the lift pump has a few cracks in it and needs replacing, the hose is about 3′ long and attaches to a metal hose that goes back to the racor 500 filter. My question is can I put a primer bulb inline somewhere within the 3′ of hose going to the lift pump? (I do not have enough room to put a primer bulb anywhere else within the fuel system). If it is feasible, is there any brand of primer bulb that is preferred? please note I’m in Australia and would need to buy online,, cheers Ian

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

donald roth
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Paumalu
    Engines: Cummins 6BT 180 hp

Tony is much to modest to toot his horn, so Iā€™ll do it for him.
    His shop sells a superior squeeze bulb kit with everything youā€™d need to install it with a bypass loop and three valves.
    They also sell fuel filtration systems that make your racor 500 look like an old sock in a jar!
    Patronizing Seaboard Marine is a fine way to show how much you appreciate all the great free advice available there.

Ian
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Hassall Free
    Engines: 2 x 6BT5.9m

Thanks Tony,

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

The fuel flow on a 6BT 210 with easily tolerate at 3/8″ quality squeeze bulb without excess restriction.. But note, because you are running it in series with the filter and plumbing to your tank, if you “see” it “collapsed” that will tell you you the filer or ?? aft of it needs attention..

It will make priming you engine way easy..

Moeller makes a decent one.

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.