• Creator
    Topic

dale
    Participant

i recently bought a cummins 6bta reman block, from cummins not aftermarket my engine has the nipondenso pump the new one had the timing cover for the bosch pump, so i had to swap timing covers. i put a new seal in my old cover and installed. now i have a leak. thinking back i think the crank was sleeved, but not sure, my question are all seals the same? the engine is in a 31bertram and i have about 6 inches to work, would it be best to remove the cover to install the seal?
    thanks for your help
    dale

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Our Impellers are made in from Italy, not China, and 7+ years of history have shown that our impellers out last the Sherwood product..

Tony

dale
    Participant

i bought the original engine used from you about 8 years a cpl 1928. the new long block is a cpl 1975 remanufactured by Cummins ReCon, i am in mexico and do not know if the sell these in the us. but they come with valve cover to oil pan front cover to rear seal for about $7500.00. i think it’s a great deal.
    so my question is does a crankshaft with wear sleeve use the same seal part# as a stock crank? what would be the part#
    also an a different subject i just installed a set of your sea water pumps on my other boat, the impellers seem a lot
    softer than the sherwood, at 600 hours the sherwood were gone and i usualy changed them at 500hrs, what is your estimated hours in your impellers
    thanks dale

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Dale,

I’d really like to try and help, but you have to be kidding…………From what you have posted, no one could figure out what the “total picture” is here.,,,,,,

YOU Got some REMAN BLOCK ( who knows what but maybe you) engine, swapped timing covers (BTW -this is not easy) and to fit a different injection pump, and who knows what else………………………………………… And you have an oil leak from a sleeved crank or ????

I am really am good at this stuff ( at least I though I was until now) , but this is way beyond me from what you have posted… Actually thinking about this, this is not something that can be fixed over the internet.. Someone that knows what he is doing, and “sees” what needs to be seen, must be on site doing the work.

Just trying to be REAL HERE..

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.