• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Lew.
  • Creator
    Topic

Matt
    Participant

Thanks to Justin and the crew for an easy upgrade.  I had the caps shipped directly to Seaboard and they handled the rest.  Then as I flushed the engines, I did a little testing to see how much better I was treating the engines. I grabbed a little saltwater aquarium water tester to see how much better the water was with the kits and leaving the raw water seacock open.  I took a scoop of water off the back of the boat and it measured about 28ppt, just barely enough to sustain life in a salt water aquarium.  I dock the boat on the Hillsborough river in Tampa, so it is brackish water.  I was able to grab some water just as I started to flush one side and it was 35ppt That was the water that had been sitting inside the engine for a week. After the flush both sides were around 21-22ppt.  I measured the tap water and it showed around 16ppt.  Super easy upgrade thanks to Seaboard and one that will reap significant benefits to engine life.   Thanks again guys!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Lew
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Lewis Carletta
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA5-9

Nice..good job, they say this really helps the marine age.

Matt
    Participant

Yessir. I left them open as it was just easier and less stressful. No margin of error with them open. The fresh water showed a 17ppt reading so the flush with them open left them with pretty close to regular fresh water. So I am very happy with the results

Lew
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Lewis Carletta
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA5-9

Awesome, I am planning on sending mine in. Did you leave the seacock open then? 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.