• Creator
    Topic

Allan Sanders
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Southern Brereze
    Engines: QSB 6.7

I have 2013 QSB 6.7
    We left on 9-8-18 for a 600 mile trip about 2 hours in trip I kept getting a intermittent exhaust temp sensor alarm.
    Took me awhile to tell it was on the port engine. Put wife at helm went to engine room found the wires from the sensor. it was plugged in to a connector the wire on both ends of the connector were bend in a 90 degree bend and were zip tied real tight. I cut the zip ties ran awhile like that. No alarm the rest of that day.
    That evening I zip tied the sensor up so it would not hang by wires. Later the next day same alarm again.
    would not stop so I took the wires bend the opposite of what they were from factory but a zip tie on it and ran the rest of the trip no alarm. Any help are do we just replace the sensor.
    Thanks

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Allan Sanders
    Participant

Corey thank a lot for your help I have found that sensor through a mercury dealer.
    I need one more think. is the silver belt the one I need with that serial number to keep a spare on the boat?
    Thanks again

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Rebel Belle
    Engines: Cummins

Update… I was able to obtain the Cummins part number from our local Cummins team.

5262781 is the Cummins number.

Hope this helps…

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

Mercury

Allan, since you have QSB “DTS” engines (Zeus) I have a sneaking suspicion that the sensor in question is a Quicksilver/Mercury component and as such, will be difficult to locate from the Cummins side of things (nasty divorce)

I did find something on the Internet that looks very similar but I think that you will need to contact Mercury support to verify 100%

https://www.ebay.com/p/Mercury-Mercruiser-885342002-Water-Temperature-Sensor-OEM/1630956355

Allan Sanders
    Participant

engine number is 73505808 I have attached a picture of sensor.

Allan Sanders
    Participant

Corey thanks for reply. I do believe it is factory setup. I will post pictures of sensor with serial number this weekend when get back to boat.
    I forgot to tell you I have Zeus pods. the sensor is in the exhaust pipe just down stream from were the water mixes with the exhaust gas. It is on a white tube about 4″ diameter. But I will post more picture’s this weekend. Corey I believe the wire are damaged in the pin connector from them having them bend so tight.
    Thanks again

Corey Schmidt
    Forum Moderator

Please post pictures of the sensor if you can… I do not think it’s a “factory” setup but could be wrong with it being a newer engine… an engine serial number would also be helpful to sort this out.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.