• Creator
    Topic

Sean Davis
    Participant
    Vessel Name: White Cap
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA 370

Changing out my engine and gear mounts and was wondering if I should stay with my current style on the gear, see picture, or go with the SMX purple isolators all around. I currently have the Cummins Barry mounts in the engine side so those would be an easy swap over. Ā The engines are 6BTA 370ā€™s and the gears are ZF-63 IV. Thank you.Ā 

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

On the v-drive end, I’d use 75DUR. 70 on the engine end

Dripless install – shaft needs to slide out to the log area, or maybe all the way out . The area on the shaft where the dripless goes has to be in very good shape as dripless seals are not forgiving—Doing this in the water is close to impossible to do

Sean Davis
    Participant
    Vessel Name: White Cap
    Engines: Cummins 6BTA 370

Thank you Tony!

I am planning on ordering 8 from you guys Monday morning. Just to make sure, I need the 70 Durometer mounts?Ā 

When changing these out, corner by corner, do I need to pull the prop shaft all the way out of the gear or can I just pull Ā the flange bolts? Getting to the dripless on both engines is a bit of a bear.Ā <br />Thank you again for your advice.Ā <br />sean.Ā 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

The old steel Yanmar mount in the picture looks pretty “done” to me.. It does not have 5″ C~C mounting centers so it will not be an easy swap.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.