• Creator
    Topic

David H
    Participant

2010-era QSC 8.3, would like to add an EGT. I know its been discussed before but i could not find where exact location was shown.I found what looks like a convenient square bolt on an elbow right before the turbo. I’ll attach photos. I’d appreciate it if anyone could confirm this spot or based on this engine if you can recommend an alternate spot-David

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Typical Pyro Probe Locations

Look at the pics

stevenagodfrey
    Participant

Search the forum for this posting … I had trouble getting the link to work.It has pictures of my installation and some really good tips from the community https://www.sbmar.com/community/topic/egt-sensor-installation-6cta/

Steve Lewis
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Just Us
    Engines: Cummins 480CE

David,The picture that you posted, IMG2771, is showing the intake side of the turbo.Ā  If you put the probe there, you will be measuring temp on the intake side of things.Ā  You need to find the similar sized fastener on the Exhaust side of the turbo.Ā  Granted mine is a 6CTA not a QSC but the flange that mates the turbo exhaust outlet and the wet elbow is where my port is and where my EGT probe will go.Ā  It also shows on the QSC Engine diagram that is available in the Technical Info portion of this website.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.