• Creator
    Topic

Stephen Oliver
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Ascella
    Engines: 2x Cummins 330hp Diamond

Hi Guys

While I have the aftercooler and HX etc off the engine its far easier to pull the impeller (its actually the only way on the port engine being so crammed in cose to the fuel tanks) On pulling the impeller out a chrome ‘cup’ and spring came out.Ā 

Now I understand that the DJ pumps pump is similar to the SBmar pump however i have no doubt that it has some Tony tweaks to it.Ā 

Looking at the exploded diagram of the pump I found online there should be a circlip holding the spring etc in place (part of a seal) however I can say with almost reasonable certainty that there is not a groove in the shaft for the circlip…Ā  is it possible that the pump is an older pump (its around 3-4 years old from when bought) that didnt have the circlip?Ā 

I have reassembled with the spring and cup in place (pushes against the impeller) but assume this is not correct at all…. haha..Ā  Ā any info on this or even how it should be?

I think my plan will be to buy an SMX pump install that on this engine (given it should last a good while) and then overhaul the existing pump and stick it on the SB engine as access is sooo easy and its less than 15 minutes to change the impeller.

Thanks for any info in advance..Ā 

Steve

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

SMX Pump Copy

It’s been a month or so.. How is your DJ pump doing?Ā  When you expect to see 1000 hours of use?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.