• Creator
    Topic

dale
    Participant

hello, i am looking to change to delco 28si to to my 2 cummins cpl 1928 engines. 1 160amp and 1 200amp.
    to run a air conditioner that uses 10 amp ac. i have a 5000w inverter. i plan to have a dedicated 8d battery for the air and and the 200 amp alt direct to that battery. the 160 amp alt will have a isolator that will go to the 4d engine and the 8d. i will have battery switches that can combine the batteries if needed. and i will have a low voltage disconnect for the house connected to the 8d. also a 2 bank 30 amp charger for the dock.
    the only time the air will be used is when the engines are running. but some time w shut off 1 engine for trolling. when bottom fishing the engines are at idle. the reason for the 160 amp is the amps are high at idle and i don’t think i really need 400 amps. the house uses 15 to 30 amps.
    my question for sure the 28si will fit with your bracket? does the 28si use the same pulley as the 19si?
    what do you think of this set up? what would you do differently?
    thanks for your help.
    dale

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

dale
    Participant

more questions

i read your other post and you state the 28si do not like the diode type of isolator. would using the sense wire fix this? what isolator would you use? also i see the 28si is available in the long or j180 hinge. the long hinge is about .60″ longer than the short. will both fit?
    thanks again
    dale cote
    dreammaker charters
    cabo san lucas mex.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.