• Creator
    Topic

Todd Valiquette
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Docked Wages
    Engines: Cummins 6cta 420h.p.

Hello,

I have a ZF 302V-LD transmission and can’t find any info on what the torque value is for the shaft coupler to the trans flange. Any info you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Todd Valiquette
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Docked Wages
    Engines: Cummins 6cta 420h.p.

Many Thanks!

Thank you, really appreciate this, they are the 16mm 12 point bolts and will torque them to 100 ft/lbs. Sure wish you had a shop on the Great Lakes lol, hint, hint. 

pwrobert
    Participant

If you are talking about the composite coupling discs that fit between the flanges I ran them for years when my boat had Detroits with 502 transmissions. <br />but when I re-powered to Cummins and ZF 220A engines none of the manufacturers had one to fit the flange bolt pattern so now I go without. <br /><br />

I liked them for a couple of reasons and they saved my bacon a couple of times. Most notably when running offshore in the Bahamas and hit a “sunken” shipping container that was submerged just beyond visibility at full cruise. Considerable damage but noting wiped out as far as prop, strut, shaft or Transmission. That was 4 yrs ago so things may have changed.  Good luck. 

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

It’s all based on the bolt size/type and material specs– If you are talking 16MM / 5/8 ,  you are not strong enough to over tighten with typical end wrenches  (100 ft lbs +) –Use plenty of lube on all surfaces threads, etc..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.