• Creator
    Topic

Clint Reigh
    Participant
    Vessel Name: F/V Auggy Doggy
    Engines: 6BTA

I have a 6BTA 315/330 at 2950 RPM with a ZF280A 2:1 gear from sbmar that I installed in my commercial fishing vessel in 2018. I kept the same prop which is a 21:22 on a 6 ft 1.5 inch shaft with a single cutlass bearing. At the time I did not want to change too many things at once but I am now interested in trying to squeeze a little more power out of my setup. I have room to add at least another inch in diameter to the prop. Could I increase my power by installing a 22:22 prop without risking damage to the drive line or engine?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Clint Reigh
    Participant

Pretty sure it is analogue but my boat is out of the water and inaccessible for the next couple months.

Clark Leighs
    Participant

What is the tach? Is it an analogue unit or a digital unit? If it is digital it likely can be believed.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Clint Reigh
    Participant

Tach came with the engine in 2018. I have an egt gauge from sbmar also. I do not have a boost gauge.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

How accurate is your tach?

It really take 2 measurements to see if you left too much power on the table..

An accurate tach and a boost gauge.. EGT measurements are also nice when you want to “ask it all”..

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.