• Creator
    Topic

Brenden M
    Participant
    Vessel Name: switchback
    Engines: 4LHA-STP

Starting the installation of the sbmar gauge kit. Has anyone done an install on a 4LHA-STP? Will I need to drill and tap both locations or can I get by using existing plugs. also will the boost gauge need to be installed on the turbo itself?
    FullSizeRender 7 by b gon[/url], on Flickr

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Brenden M
    Participant

Interesting. Although that is another pic in my library, its from a neglected 28 albemarle a friend of mine was looking at. poor set up for sure. thanks

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Wow———–that’s is weird.. Look at the pic– This is what I first saw when I thought I was on your post..

Anyway, I do not see the spot you are referring to, bit anyplace in the dry cast riser that is east to drill and tap is good.

Tony

Brenden M
    Participant

no, your looking at the standard cast iron jacketed style that yanmar makes. The way the sun is hitting it might be why you think its copper. Have a ebay ss style ready swap whenever she gets tired.
    But while I have you here, mind giving me some guidance on where to tap into for a proper reading of your gauge?
    I am leaning towards the egt probe going into the yellow capped bolt to the right of the oil cap.
    And the boost tube going into the Allen screw dead center of the 2nd pic.

have looked through everything I could find without a clear answer.
    Thanks

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

I think I am going to change the subjects here…………Am I looking some type of saltwater cooled/jacketed risers made with copper or ?? Ever heard the term “doomed to failure”?

Tony

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.