• Creator
    Topic

William Walter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Positive rate
    Engines: Cummings 480ce

Tony Two questions first I see the mounts are out of stock for my 480 ce. I know know mine are old but at this point only 2 are compressed and the rest look in good shape.Never changed a mount but It looks pretty simple.would the one Iā€™m replacing have to be supported or would the other three work during the change.Bill

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

William Walter
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Positive rate
    Engines: Cummings 480ce

Mounts

Thanks Rob good to see how you approached it. I think I only need to replace two mounts based on what Tony said .Still waiting to see if insurance will help in any way.Iā€™ll probably do the work in March if insurance doesnā€™t come through. I may take you up on your offer but I think I have most of what you showed. Bill

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Bill, you will want to support that corner when you R&R the mount. I did all 8 of mine and found this scissor jack to be the tool of choice. I added an adapter to it to use it with a 1/2″ drive which you can see in the oil pan pic. I have a porta-power too if needed but this little jack is just too simple, easy and safe. The 1-1/8″ crow foot on the breaker bar is also quite handy being able to change the angle of approach for working in tight spaces, and of course the strike wrench for sending it home when done! You’re welcome to it all…

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

I’d only replace “as needed”.. The mounts are not that bad, overall..

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.