• Creator
    Topic

Nathan Brady
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Checkmate
    Engines: 450hp 6cta

I have a 32’ Stuart angler express style charter fishing boat with a 450hp 6cta in it. I’ve had the boat for a year now it’s made it thru our spring and summer season. Thruout the season I’ve noticed light pink stains around the head gasket and the turbo to exhaust manifold. Little bit of pink crust but never anything wet or dripping. Looks like a very slight coolant seep. Work has slowed down now so I’m addressing some issues and i started with pulling the turbo off having the local shop inspect it and freshen it up. The manifold to turbo gasket was very old and falling apart so I’m sure that’s why there was slight coolant leak there. I just got it back together and test drove the boat and the rear of the head to block area is wet with coolant. I’m going to let it cool down clean it and let it run again but I’m guessing that head gasket seal is not the best m. I’m willing to do the job but wasn’t sure if this was common or if retorqueing the head would be a good fix? If not and i do the job should i have the head sent out to have looked at? This engine has had an overhaul maybe 1500 hours ago but it sat for long periods of time which is why I’m thinking the gaskets are failing. 

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Very Confusing post——–Did you pull the head and replace the head gasket, or just the turbo to manifold  gasket?, or BOTH—————–  Be specific and post pictures of what you see as to leaks and their locations.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.