• Creator
    Topic

Brian Katz
    Participant

I’m looking for a cummins surveyor and some advice for a boat I’m trying to buy in Long Island. I see there are a few guys from my area on here.

I am absolutely blown away by the accumulation of knowledge on this sight. Wow.

Like many others I can rebuild a smallblock in my sleep but diesel is all new to me.

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Bob Patterson
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Amber JJ
    Engines: Twin 370 6bta

We used Wesco 7 years ago.You get what you pay for.I felt they were very thorough. I think it was Bill who came to do the survey.
    Good luck with your purchase.Bob

Brian Katz
    Participant

The boat is in Center Moriches. We’ve agreed on the price. I have a contract in hand and am working on getting a surveyor for the boat as well. I called around to a few surveyors and have only been able to get a hold of one guy.

I have an engine survey estimate in hand from Wesco. I think it’s a premium number and from what I’ve heard they get top dollar. I hate to keep all my eggs in one basket and I know theres other guys out there.

I dont really want to drop 1600 even if I could explore the majority of checkpoints myself. Here’s the listing:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2002/Bayliner-3788-Motor-Yacht-3222832/Moriches%2C-Long-Island/NY/United-States?refSource=standard%20listing#.W3y0EHMpAwA

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

You’ve come to the right place…

Where exactly is the boat located?
    Brokered or private sale?
    Where exactly are you in the deal at this point?
    Have any photos or a listing to share?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.