• Creator
    Topic

Joel Gamester
    Participant
    Vessel Name: 32' Blackman
    Engines: 6BTA

I have a 1996 32’ Blackman with twin 6bta. 

specs on motors: Cummins 1996 330HP 6BTA5.9-M3

Serial #: Starboard 45386611, Port 45378680

Both mains ran fine until the port main started dying occasionally while underway and over 1500 rpm. It has gotten so bad I can’t run longer than 5-10 minutes above 1200 rpm with out it stalling. I have replaced: injectors (two were bad), lift pump, shut off solenoid. Had the tank polished and have replaced the fuel filters multiple times.

In the slip I can run it at 2000 rpm for an hour without an hiccup. But underway it dies after getting over 1500 rpm. Can idle underway for hours. Can restart the main by cranking it over with the throttle wide open.  <br /><br />

any suggestions?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Rob Schepis
    Forum Moderator
    Vessel Name: Tenacious
    Engines: 6BTA 5.9 330's - "Seaboard Style"

Yup, this likely an intermittent fault in the energize to run circuit or a fuel starvation issue.  Tony’s requests need good answers or it’s just a guessing game…

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Be sure on this answer———Does the engine stop close to instantly or does it slow down and stumble to a stop? 

ACCURATELY DESCRIBE the shut down and a restart afterwards as to what it takes

Not sure who it guiding your troubleshooting ,  you but the $$ you spent on injectors was a total waste.. Your symptom as described would never have anything to do with injectors

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.