• Creator
    Topic

Carl bois
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Topspin
    Engines: 3706bta 5.9-3m

I just did compression test on my 370 6bta 5.9-3m. With 2400 hrs. Results are cylinder 1 386 and cylinders 2-5 is 388. The question is what it the range I should fall within. I can’t find that info. Thanks in advance carl.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Who ever said to have your injectors must have had a reason for that, correct?

What was the symptom you were experiencing to make that recommendation? Be precise & verbose..

As to you exhaust, without knowing anything about the vessel, all I can say it that you are using a factory wet 90.. Maybe OK, maybe not. To little posted for a solid or qualified comment.

Tony

Carl bois
    Participant
    Vessel Name: Topspin
    Engines: 3706bta 5.9-3m

It was recommended to have my injectors popped and recondition accordingly. In hindsight probibly not necessary to do injectors. figured If i was pulling them why not check compression. I bought the boat in november 2016. Put 600 hrs on it.
    I do think after reading a lot of content here that my set up is a suspect for poorly designed exhaust.

Tony Athens
    Vessel Name: Local Banks
    Engines: QSB 6.7 550 HP

Cummins DOES NOT publish compression values, never has since I’ve been doing this (1985) ..

May ask why you decided to do a compression check?

Tony

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.